Sunday, February 5, 2012

Helicopters, Games, Forts & Balloons

Bridger has been obsessed with Brandon's helicopter he got for Christmas, and I have been trying to find someway to distract him from the helicopter other than watching Word World (his favorite cartoon). The helicopter wouldn't be such a big deal if I could fly it gracefully, poor Bridger has been hit several time with the helicopter while I have been attempting to fly it. After trying to distract him with a remote control train, balloons, cars, and even treats the helicopter was the only thing he wanted. So I downloaded a game on the Ipad called Monkey Preschool Lunchbox, big mistake, he LOVES it! Now he either wants the helicopter, the Ipad or to watch Word World. At first I didn't mind him playing on the Ipad because it is an educational game and he would love so hard at the monkey it is adorable, but now it is an obsessions. If he doesn't get to watch Word World, play with the helicopter, or the Ipad when he wants to he throws a fit. He flings himself onto the ground and cries, if I walk away he gets up and follows me and when I look at him he throws himself on the ground again and cries. It is pretty humorous, depending on the situation. It is nice that I have ways to distract him when I am cooking, traveling or when I just need a minute to myself I just wish it was more active than just sitting a watching something. But when it is warmer outside and I know we will be outside throwing balls and going for walks so until then I am just going to have to endure the being inside and try to get creative with this little guy.Speaking of getting creative Brandon and I tried to distract Bridger one night by build a fort! Awesome right? Well he wasn't really into so Brandon and I went in hoping he would follow after a few minutes we realized he was never coming in. So I grab some balloons and I put them in the fort, grabbed Bridger, kicking and screaming and put him in. He ended up loving it, but only if there is balloons in it, or the Ipad. We built another fort last night but the problem is he won't sit in it alone.

You would think this is a picture of a competitive father
who won't let his 18 month old beat him at balloon volleyball but actually Brandon is yawning...just a perfectly timed picture.

Bridger eating a chocolate cover graham cracker,
I think he looks like his cousin Jared in this picture.

2 comments:

  1. last picture is amazing. my new laptop background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a vision of you hitting Bridger in the head with the helicopter. Pretty funny. And electronics... such a cursed blessing. Can't wait for the constant warmer weather here too!

    ReplyDelete