Thursday, January 20, 2011

Our Crazy Beautiful Life


Bridger had a doctors appointment last week and here are the results:
  • Weight: 17 lbs 4 oz - 75th percentile
  • Height: 25 inches - 50th percentile
  • Head: 17 inches - 60th percentile
The doctor said he looked great, but there are a few concerns. First he has a flat spot on the right side of his head, and second he has "lid lack" (I think that is what she called it) meaning his left eye lid doesn't open all the way. So we went the a specialist about his head to determine if he needed a helmet or not, the verdict...he is borderline. She said he isn't serious enough that he has to have a helmet but he also has a flat spot. Right now it is up to us if we get him a helmet, and in a few months we have a follow-up appointment so check out his progress. Brandon and I took him to the orthopedic office to get him sized for a helmet... as of right now we are leaning towards a helmet. The only problem is they are expensive little suckers. We just hope we make the right choice for Bridger, he is the one who has to wear it for 3-6 months for 23 hours a day! I continue to change my mind about the helmet, it is so hard because it is for Bridger and I want to make the best choice for him. Either way I don't think we can really go wrong but I just worry so much. Being a parent makes me worry so much more about every decision, is that silly? We have a doctors appointment for Bridger's eye in March, we hope everything goes well.
It is amazing how much our little boy has grown. He is now reaching for things he wants and starting to sit up more on his own. Well he is trying really hard to sit up on his own. We started him on rice cereal and he loves it. Now he wants to eat everything I am eating and drink everything I am drinking. It is so adorable to watch him. He is wonderful little boy, the only problem we have is getting him on a bedtime routine. If we put him down at 8pm he sleeps great, but if it is earlier or later he wont go to bed until 11 or 12. But its only the first week of us really tiring a routine so there is still hope for us. We just feel so blessed to have a healthy happy baby boy who is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment