
It is about time that I post the story of Bridger's birth and some pictures of the adorable little man. It all began on Thursday August 5th when I had an ultra sound appointment. My mom and I went to the appointment at 1:30 pm, by 2:00 pm I was admitted to the hospital. They were concerned about Bridger's weight, he had only gained 3 oz in 2 weeks. Basically Bridger wasn't growing because my placenta was shot. They tried a couple ways to induce me, and byFriday afternoon I was having contractions and the Dr. broke my water. I had an epidural around 2:00 pm and was dilated to a 2.5. After my epidural I was completely relaxed, so I was smooth the rest of the way. At 9:30 pm I was dilated to a 5 and then an hour later at 10:30 I wa

s at 10 and pushing by 10:45. Little Bridger was born at 12:45 am on Saturday August 7th. The NICU nurses were waiting for Bridger because they were worried about his weight and they wanted to make sure he was okay. When Bridger was born his heart rate was good but he wouldn't breath. The nurse took him and tried to make him breath, the took him up to the NICU with Brandon and as soon as they got there he let out a loud cry. Bridger stayed in the NICU, for observation, until 5 am. The nurses took him for us on Saturday night so wecould get some sleep, when they brought him back they said he was looking a little yellow and they did a test to check his bilirubin count, for Jaundice. His numbers were high so they had to put him under a bilirubin light for 24 hours, starting early Sunday morning and it ended early Monday morning. Bridger could only be in his diaper and we could only take him out to feed and change him. It was very hard to leave him under the light and he had to wear eye protectors, which he hated and he would pull it of his eyes down to his mouth. The jaundice was caused by bruising on his head from birth, Bridger had a huge scab on the back of his head that caused the jaundice. We took Bridger home on Monday ba

nd his was still looking a little yellow but his number was low enough they said his was fun. We had an appoint on Tuesday with Bridger's pediatrician for a check up, because of his jaundice and he was small. By Tuesday morning he was really yellow and the Dr. took some blood to test his bilirubin count. It was high, so for the next 3 days we had to go in and test his blood, we ended up having to have a bilirubin light at homeand we had to keep Bridger under it for 2 days. On Friday, Brandon stayed up most of the night to watch Bridger and my dad took the early morning shift at 5 am. We would occasionally put Bridger under the light for the rest of the weekend and on Monday I took him back in and his numbers were low and he hasn't been yellow since. He is a very sweet litt

le boy and we love him so much! I hope you enjoy the pictures!
Bridger is great and much loved!!!
ReplyDeletecute kid. thanks for uploading the pics.
ReplyDelete